Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Mentally Hyperventilating?

I realized yesterday evening - after having a handful of friends talk me out of a gallon of ice cream - that I perhaps got a bit ahead of myself with the whole burning a bridge scenario. I realized I was assuming/projecting that said person was very very angry at me, because all I got was dead silence in return. And its no secret that one of my defining qualities is jumping to the worst case scenario.

However....

Its hard to believe that someone who sits in front of a computer all day managed to somehow miss this email about a potentially touchy subject, and that being sent to voicemail after two rings wasn't done on purpose. But I'm willing to own that theres a possibility that I'm just being a big freakball and blowing things out of proportion. Wouldn't be the first time.

I'm guessing that this will bleed over into today in some fashion. Must remember that I'm just trying to take care of myself, that I'm not a bad person, and to keep myself good and distracted - and not by giving oral to Ben and Jerry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home