Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Blast(s) From the Past

So, somehow or another, my email got hacked last night. Husband figures I probably used a computer at school that has some sort of password reading bug on it. Friends started emailing me to make sure I knew that something was wrong. Anyhow, after changing my password and spamming everyone who got spammed with a message saying it should be fixed, I'm hoping its all taken care of and is resolved.

But I'm continuing to get emails, just of a different kind. I've got handfuls of people on my address book that frankly I haven't talked to in forever, or had written off for some reason or another, and now they're starting to write me. Got an email from a guy I hadn't spoken to since before Mags was born, and two others I haven't spoken to in at least 2 years. Actually, now that I think about it, *all* of the emails I've gotten are from guys I used to know. I guess most of them I'm pleaseantly surprised to hear from, but there's one that I'm a little less than thrilled about. Oh well.

Its making me sit down and think about what I mights say to these folks, though. How would I sound if I was reading my life update of the last several years? Things have changed so, so much (as life is wont to do.) Mostly I guess I wonder if these people will still be interested in talking to me if I tell the truth. Ah, the fragile ego....

2 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Traveling Em said...

Of course they'll still want to talk to you. You've been through some crazy shit, so at the very least you'll get a "Holy shit, that's intense" response. Or they'll just be so dumbfounded they won't know what to say. However, I wouldn't reply to the person you're not so thrilled to hear from.

On another note, I'm totally bummed we're not actually going to invest in Chinese real estate together ;)

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well if they aren't, you get to blow them off!
8-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home